Stone cladding design and engineering
Art and science come together in the design of stone facades. We work closely with architects to ensure that all technical aspects of stone cladding are considered:
- Material selection – mechanical and petrographic properties require careful evaluation in the selection of the best stone for a particular application.
- Testing – strategic testing is specified based on material, loading, support and climatic considerations.
- System detailing – as stone is brittle this needs to be handled carefully. Attention to detailing and engineering are essential.
- Quality control – attention is needed in the stone production and installation processes to ensure long term performance.
We provide a complete range of stone consulting services to our clients, these includes: :
Open a PDF of the Stone Cladding technical bulletin
- Material selection and specification
- Quarry inspections
- Preliminary stone design and detailing
- Stone engineering
- Stone testing
- Engineering checking
- Fabrication quality control
- Installation quality control
- Forensic investigations